Tinubu Suspends Three Perm Secs as ICPC Uncovers Alleged Fake Agency in SGF Office

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and suspended three Permanent Secretaries following the discovery of another alleged fake Government Agency operating within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF).
The latest development has triggered fresh concerns over alleged administrative breaches and loopholes within Nigeria’s Federal Bureaucracy, coming as the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) intensifies investigations into purported unauthorised Government entities.
Global Mirror News gathered that the development was disclosed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the ICPC Chairman, Dr Musa Aliyu, after briefing President Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
According to Aliyu, ICPC investigators uncovered an entity operating under the name National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, which was allegedly allocated office space within the OSGF without Presidential authorisation.
The discovery reportedly emerged from the Commission’s broader investigation into the alleged activities of the purported Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC) and other entities suspected of operating without proper Government approval.
The ICPC chairman said the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office was allegedly promoted by Nwabueze, who was said to have operated under different variations of his name.
Investigators also alleged that the controversial office had collaborators within the OSGF, prompting the Commission to engage officials of the Government office and obtain information concerning the entity before submitting its findings to the President.
Tinubu Orders Immediate Arrest
Following the ICPC briefing, President Tinubu directed the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze.
The ICPC chairman disclosed that the President’s directive was issued after investigators presented their findings concerning the alleged activities of the entity and its promoters.
The development marks a significant escalation in the Federal Government’s response to alleged unauthorised activities within Government structures, particularly as the administration moves to identify individuals and processes that may have enabled such operations.
Three Permanent Secretaries Suspended
In another major decision, President Tinubu ordered the immediate suspension of three Permanent Secretaries identified by the ICPC as M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
Their suspension comes amid allegations surrounding the circumstances under which the purported Agency gained access to office accommodation within the OSGF.
The ICPC, however, has not concluded its investigation, meaning that the full roles of the suspended officials and any other individuals allegedly connected to the matter are still being established.
Aliyu stressed that the investigation remains ongoing and that further action could be taken as more facts emerge.
Investigation Linked to Earlier ‘Fake’ Agency Controversy
The latest discovery is linked to the ICPC’s wider investigation into alleged fake or unauthorised entities operating within Government structures.
The Commission had earlier intensified its probe following concerns surrounding the purported Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council.
The emergence of another alleged unauthorised office within the OSGF has now broadened the investigation and raised questions about how organisations that allegedly lack proper presidential or statutory approval can obtain Government accommodation and operate within official Government premises.
For the Federal Government, the issue goes beyond the individual entities involved. It also raises questions about the effectiveness of verification, approval and monitoring mechanisms within the public service.
Tinubu Backs Forensic Examination of Government Processes
The ICPC chairman commended President Tinubu for directing a forensic audit of government processes, describing the exercise as necessary for identifying weaknesses that could be exploited for abuse.
According to him, the ongoing investigation will establish the full extent of the alleged activities and determine the identities and roles of all individuals who may have been involved.
The investigation is therefore expected to go beyond the arrest and suspension already announced, with investigators examining the administrative chain through which the alleged fake agency secured recognition, access or accommodation within the Government system.
The latest action also reinforces the administration’s stated drive to strengthen accountability and close loopholes within Nigeria’s public institutions.
As the ICPC continues its investigation, Nigerians will be watching closely to see whether additional officials are arrested, suspended or prosecuted and what measures the Federal Government will introduce to prevent similar incidents in the future.
For now, the President’s directives have placed renewed attention on the integrity of Nigeria’s public-service administrative system, while the ICPC’s ongoing probe is expected to shed more light on how the alleged operation was allowed to take place.
Global Mirror News will continue to monitor developments and bring readers updates as the investigation progresses.


